For 31 years, St. Louis Center has maintained a tradition of honoring community members, residents and staff during their spring recognition dinner, and this year’s event occurred on April 27 at their Sylvan Township facility.
Following Sunday Mass, a crowd of 150 people enjoyed a pizza and pasta dinner provided by the McDevitt Family and Mancino’s Pizza of Scio Township.
Each year, the event provides the Servants of Charity with an opportunity to salute the best among us, and this year did not disappoint. The following people and organizations were recognized for their work in 2013 and years past.
- The City of Dearborn – 20 Years of support for the annual Joe’s Top Dog Golf Outing in July.
- Jackson, MI Notre Dame Alumni Club – Providing summer interns from Notre Dame University.
- Bishop Zaleski, K of C Council #6687 – Support and assistance at St. Louis Center events.
Good Shepherd Award:
- Rev. Timothy MacDonald, Our Lady of Fatima Parish, Michigan Center – Continued pastoral support of Servants of Charity priests and St. Louis Center activities.
Resident of the Year:
- “Sebastian,” is an honor roll student and role model for other residents.
Employees of the Year:
- Kitchen Staff (Ginny Wheaton, Mary Danko, Linda McDonnell, Tammy Walz) – For quality food service to residents.
- Ginny Wheaton – Kitchen and Housekeeping Supervisor: 35 years
St. Louis Center is a caring residential facility for children, adults, and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities; now serving SE Michigan for 54 years.
Managed by the Servants of Charity community of Catholic priests, St. Louis Center strives to provide a continuum of care for its special residents with love and compassion.
For more information about St. Louis Center please visit the website at www.stlouiscenter.org.